Thursday, December 16, 2010

Some things we shouldn't say as moms

Being a mom means putting yourself on the back burner. It means putting the needs of your child before your own. This is something I have gladly done and would do over and over again if I had to for my child. But these concessions don't only come in the relationship you have with your child. They are in every other relationship you have because all of those relationships affect the one you have with your child. After compromising for the sake of my child, I am sitting here reflecting. I feel like I've lost so much of myself in the past three years. That's not necessarily bad- there are certainly parts of my life I was glad to leave in the past. However, compromising so much for the sake of my child has led to me compromising myself. Doing and agreeng to things that I would have never done or agreed to in the past. I was told by a friend of mine that I am too involved in my child's life. I'm not quite sure how that's even possible since she's not even three yet; but her life is my life and maybe I need something else so that I don't go crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment