Thursday, December 30, 2010

Craps

I'm going to look into more kid friendly crafts to do with Dyl. Most of our "craps" involve me doing all of the crafting and Dyl sorting materials for me and eating them. I think its because I have a thing for hot glue guns and she obviously can't have one yet. And even when she can she can't have mine, I might get a holster for it or commission Bow-issa to make me a girly one. I think Dyl and I will take a trip to Hobby Lobby and I will let her fill the cart with things that she wants to play with. That will be her reward for getting rid of some toys. We need to do some pre-spring cleaning around here and her toy boxes need to have some purging done. I think I'm a hoarder and I really don't want to pass that on to her.

Also, not sure how many of you know we are working on breaking our co-sleeping habit. I never intended to let her sleep in my bed. From day one I said I'd never co sleep and when she wouldn't latch on and I was forced to pump like a cow multiple times a day there really wasn't a reason for her to be in my bed. That lasted for the first 10-11 months. Then she started cutting molars and I held her one night and we fell asleep. After that she'd start out the night in her bed and migrate to mine which turned into not even getting in her bed to begin with. The past two nights she's gone to sleep around 8:30 in her bed and sleeps there until 4 or so. I'm hoping that she's well on her way to staying in there all night. Baby steps.

If you can suggest some kid friendly art projects and crafts or websites that cater to this sort of thing, Dyl and I would both appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. i would recommend these crafting places we check out for cool stuff:

    http://learningdevelopmentactivities.blogspot.com/
    http://sewliberated.typepad.com/sew_liberated/
    http://engagingtoddleractivities.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete